So my ability to create anything has been deflating for weeks now. Not good. Not good.
I'm a person who takes pride in creativity. Hey, I used to create some wicked projects a few years ago, back when teachers didn't care what a project looked like - as long as it answered their questions. Let me go over some of the memorable creations of those glory days (not really):
- 4' x 4' x 3.5' replica of what I imagined Frankenstein's castle looked like. I used enough hot glue and cardboard to make myself a friggin' house.
- Social Studies 5-piece pyramid thing. I completely forgot what the project was about, but it was a group project that sorta came together. Wonder if Mr. Capitals-of-South-Dakota-and-Alaska still has it?
- Stealing flowers from my mother's flower arrangements and painting them to add to a double sided mailbox. It was for a story about a gossip-loving old woman who loved to garden.
- Amputienne and I's tech theatre project. Spent a good weekend creating models of every theatre light I can remember.
- Grade 8 Religion project, where I pretty much bitched about Burma for thirty minutes.
- The Iron Chef competition in Grade 9 Home Economics! Our group totally raped. The secret ingredient was lemon. Our menu included tomato and herb salad with lemon dressing and supremes, lemon and dill salmon en papillote, and lemon meringue pie. Not bad for a rag tag bunch of kids!
Okay, so those aren't really creative, per se, but they were much more different than what some other folks offered.
Or I was just a fucked up kid.
Well, whatever the case, I can't spark up that part of my brain again! Some of it is coming back, but only after I watch some kind of creative program or I find an awesome piece of art work. Hopefully this isn't permanent!
On another note, I have this urge to watch Battlestar Galactica. Not the original series, but the 're-imagined- one. Why, you ask? I have always been a sucker for any show/film with a female president/leader. For example, I got into watching 24 after I watched some episodes from season 7, where Allison Taylor was president. There was also that TV show, Commander in Chief, which I could not always catch on television due to my forgetful mind. In BSG's case, this is the president:
Laura Roslin? Honestly? I would.
I will let you interpret that in whatever way you like! ;)
The actress' name is Mary McDonnell. She was also in one of my personal favorite films, Independence Day. Hmm, I guess I'm just a natural fan of sci-fi. That, or I'm still screwed up in the head.
On a less retarded note, my family's famous annual Gathering-of-Thanks is tomorrow. And it's also my parents' twentieth anniversary! We tend to have an over-abundance of food, and this year is no exception. Tons of folks are coming over, so we're practically preparing a whole farm yard of animals for this feast. My house becomes a horror house for someone watching their food intake, so Scottish Play stage wife, STAY AWAY!
Thanksgiving is pretty much the only time of the year where I tell my PETA-loving self to shove it, for I turn into a savage Neanderthal that will eat anything that I see. We have the usual trinity of turkey, roast beef, and ham, along with some epic sides. Of course, there will be the staple cultural dishes to whet the appetites of our guests, and I'm sure that they will be bringing their own food. Oh! And the desserts! By everything that's good and holy, a perfect dessert will make me purr like a walrus, like those croissants that Mac brought in for our class yesterday! Did anyone catch where she bought them from?
Woop woooo wooo wooop.....
My mouth is watering as a type this. Well, at least I hope it's from typing this up. I hope it's not some kind of salivary disorder. That would be very unfortunate.
I miss my old convection oven. I made a perfect roast in that thing, but we don't have one in this house! Sad face! Convection makes baking and roasting so enjoyable! The roast that I made this one time was like eating a piece of heaven - if heaven was a delicious cow and if eating angels was legal. But thanks to the "SEE-EYE-EH", this ain't happening.
Well, that wraps up this post. Thanks for listening to my random rabbling!
And enjoy your Day of Providing Thanks!
(Unless you're in America. You'll have to wait until November. Or you can celebrate two Thanksgivings. Double the mega-caloric intake!)



i fucking love BSG
ReplyDelete