So as you can see from my previous post, I am in a production of Macbeth. What you may or may not know that a superstitious stigma is attached to performing Macbeth.
"The Curse of the Scottish Play" explores the idea that Shakespeare used actual lines from an actual incantation from actual witches in one of the scenes of Macbeth (I couldn't put in another 'actual' in there). Then, some real witches who watched the play we're pretty ticked off by the use of the incantation, so they put a curse on the play, where uttering it's name in a theatre or making direct references to its characters will bring bad luck. The only witch alive is Joan Rivers, but she seems to have forgotten this section of her mischievous past.
What does this have to do with anything? Well, since auditioning for the play, I've been stricken with some minor annoyances:
- The day after the audition, I felt sick during the later hours of school. I thought I had caught a cold, but it was actually from a cookie that I ate during Period II. This is why I don't like to eat sugar in the mornings, especially on school days!
- The day that the cast list went up, remnants of a previous week's cold had reared it's ugly head. The mucus factories in my body exploded as my allergies came to haunt me once again.
- The next day, I was ready to get up from bed, but I felt that a pillow (which somehow made its way to my feet) had been barely hanging on the edge. I tried to pull it up with my left foot, but I accidentally gave myself a terrible cramp in my calf.
- The day after that, the same pillow was teasing me once again. Remembering my previous experience, I used my right foot this time, only to receive that same cramp once again. This one was worse, and as of this posting, some of the cramping is still there. Sigh.
Hopefully, nothing else bad happens. I don't want all those leaves in the theatre to burn it down, or have a giant lizard tear apart our building. This is why I need a Garchomp:
I know. I'm obsessed.
I'll start to carry my charm around, just to make sure I've got some luck on my side.
That, or I need to find a rabbit and rip it's feet off with my teeth.
That's how you do it, right?



Now that you mention the curse...
ReplyDeleteI have been growing all of these extra limbs, is that related?
Haha @ "remembering my previous experience, I used my right foot"
ReplyDeleteThat made me laugh so hard.. O... lol.